Wednesday, April 4, 2018

J. Todd Scott

J. Todd Scott was born in rural Kentucky and attended college and law school in Virginia, where he set aside an early ambition to write to pursue a career as a federal agent. His assignments have taken him all over the U.S and the world, but a badge and gun never replaced his passion for books and writing. He now resides in the American Southwest, and when he’s not hunting down very bad men, he’s hard at work on his next book.

His debut novel, The Far Empty, was published in 2016.

Scott's new novel is High White Sun.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
At any given time, I’m reading maybe half a dozen books simultaneously, both on my Kindle and the “real thing,” all stacked up on my nightstand. Here are a few now: Laura Lippman’s Sunburn, which is absolutely fantastic; Alma Katsu’s The Hunger, which reimagines the Donner Party story as horror (as if real facts aren’t horrific enough); Willy Vlautin’s Don't Skip Out on Me, which has a unique, lyrical voice that’s not surprising since Willy’s an accomplished musician as well. I’m doing a book event with Willy at The Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ, and I can’t wait to meet him; Brad Meltzer’s The Escape Artist; Tad Williams’s The Witchwood Crown (which some might find surprising, but I’ve always loved a good epic fantasy; in fact I’m also reading Blood of the Four by Christopher Golden and Tim Lebbon); and I have both Taylor Brown’s Gods of Howl Mountain and Michael Farris Smith’s The Fighter queued up. I didn’t write seriously for nearly twenty years, but I definitely read a lot, and still do.
Visit J. Todd Scott's website.

The Page 69 Test: High White Sun.

--Marshal Zeringue