Monday, January 23, 2017

Sibel Hodge

Sibel Hodge's books include the #1 bestselling Look Behind You, and 2016's Untouchable and Duplicity.

She writes an eclectic mix of genres, and she's a passionate human and animal rights advocate.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Hodge's reply:
I recently finished Good Me, Bad Me by Ali Land. It came up on Netgalley for review saying, “Set to be one of the most extraordinary, controversial and explosive debuts of 2017”, so, of course, I wanted to give it a go to see if it lived up to the hype. And it did indeed! It was definitely a “Wow” book for me. It’s a taut psychological thriller that will get under your skin and won’t let go. It actually reminded me a little of Duplicity because of the very damaged character of a young girl, and the ripple effect her life has on those around her.

I also read Witness by Caroline Mitchell. I hadn’t read any of hers before so was looking forward to diving in, and after this book I’ve added more to my to-be-read list. It’s a mix of police procedural and domestic psychological thriller. A tension-filled and twisty read that you definitely can't put down!

And Bad Pharma by Ben Goldacre, which is a terrifyingly eye-opening book, and it’s not even a thriller! I don’t often read non fiction unless I’m researching for a novel, but anyone who’s interested in how the pharma industry works, or who is interested in their health, should definitely give it a go! A completely jaw-dropping page-turner.
Visit Sibel Hodge's website.

My Book, The Movie: Untouchable.

--Marshal Zeringue