Saturday, December 10, 2016

Wendy Williams

Wendy Williams is the author of several books, including Kraken and Cape Wind, and is a lifelong equestrienne.

Her latest book, The Horse: The Epic History of Our Noble Companion, is now available in paperback.

Recently I asked Williams about what she was reading. Her reply:
After last winter's whirlwind author's tour, and before the paperback of The Horse was released a few weeks ago, I decided to spend some time "in between" books. So I could read anything I chose. I loved Mary Beard's SPQR, a highly readable overview of Roman history, read a pile of books on the history of France's Provence region as an aftermath to a trip my husband and I took, and even went back and read Marguerite Henry's Misty of Chincoteague. It's a wonderful experience to open a book and know that all you have to get out of the experience is pure enjoyment and satisfaction.
Visit Wendy Williams's website.

The Page 99 Test: The Horse.

--Marshal Zeringue