Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Phillip Margolin

Former trial attorney Phillip Margolin has been writing full-time since 1996. Most of his many novels have been New York Times bestsellers.

His new novel is Violent Crimes.

Recently I asked Margolin about what he was reading. His reply:
As I write this I am 200 pages into The Edge of Eternity, Ken Follett's 1000 plus page final entry in his "Century Trilogy." I zoomed through Fall of Giants and Winter of the World, also biggies. The trilogy tells the story of our last century through he eyes of families from America, Germany, England and Russia and touches on the key events - World Wars I and II, Vietnam, the Civil Rights movement, the rise and fall of Communism, etc. in a very entertaining way. I love to read books I know I could never write and the amount of research and sheer story telling ability is awesome.

I also read The Oxford Murders, a translation of a mystery set in Oxford that combines math and murder and I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes which is simply the best thriller I have read in ages.
Visit Phillip Margolin's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Violent Crimes.

My Book, The Movie: Violent Crimes.

--Marshal Zeringue