Sunday, August 23, 2015

Stephen Emond

Stephen Emond is the creator of the Emo Boy comic series, two illustrated young adult novels, Happyface and Winter Town, and Steverino, a comic strip that ran in his local Connecticut newspaper.

His new novel is Bright Lights, Dark Nights.

Recently I asked Emond about what he was reading. His reply:
I’m always reading a wide variety at the same time. At the moment I’m working on a historical fiction pitch and I’m knee-deep in research for that, so a lot of my reading is tied to that. I’ve also had an itch to draw lately, so I’ve been reading some comic books like Lumberjanes and Rocket Girl, and I just finished Wytches. I try to keep a foot in young adult at any time, so in the YA sphere I’ve been reading Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and really enjoying it! I also really want to read Miranda July’s The First Bad Man.
Visit Stephen Emond's website.

The Page 69 Test: Bright Lights, Dark Nights.

My Book, The Movie: Bright Lights, Dark Nights.

--Marshal Zeringue