Saturday, May 23, 2015

E.E. Cooper

E. E. Cooper lives in Vancouver Canada with her husband and one very spoiled dog.

Her new novel is Vanished.

Recently I asked Cooper about what she was reading. Her reply:
I read a wide variety of things and am always collecting suggestions from other people of what I should read next. I tell myself that I’m not going to buy any more books until I read the ones I already have--but I have zero willpower to resist two books that I’m recommending now for totally different reasons are:

So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson: This book is non-fiction and tackles the phenomenon of Internet shaming where someone does something wrong and then what must seem like the entire world piles on social media to make sure they are taken to task for what they said or did. It’s an interesting form of bullying and as someone who is involved in social media, and is interested in psychology, why people do what they do--it’s a really great read. It also makes me make sure to think before posting.

I also recently read the YA Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn. This is a psychological thriller where a boy’s sister has just been released from a mental health institution for a crime she committed. Part of him is hoping to never see her again, but she’s threatening to reveal a secret from their childhood. It has a great twist at the end that I didn’t see coming.
Learn more about Vanished at E.E. Cooper's website.

--Marshal Zeringue