Thursday, August 8, 2013

Stewart Lewis

Stewart Lewis is a singer-songwriter and radio journalist and is the author of You Have Seven Messages. He lives in Washington, D.C.

His new novel is The Secret Ingredient.

Not so long ago I asked Lewis about what he was reading. His reply:
What am I reading? The question is what am I not reading. I read voraciously. Recently, to brush up on YA, I read The Fault in Our Stars. I felt it was well written, but slightly overrated. It seemed like every character, kids and adults, were too clever. Still, do I wish I wrote it? Yes. The thing has sold a kajillion copies. My first YA novel, You Have Seven Messages, was displayed next to it at Barnes and Noble. I was thrilled.

I recently read the adult novels, Where’d You Go, Bernadette? and Beautiful Ruins. They were both captivating and stellar. WYGB for it's unique format (told basically in letters) and it's laugh-out-loud hilariousness, and Beautiful Ruins for it's nostalgia, and the way it gave me a sense that anything was possible.
Visit Stewart Lewis's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue