Sunday, August 18, 2013

Douglas Corleone

Douglas Corleone is the author of contemporary crime novels published by St. Martin’s Minotaur. His debut novel One Man's Paradise was a finalist for the 2010 Shamus Award for Best First Novel and won the 2009 Minotaur Books / Mystery Writers of America First Crime Novel Award. His third novel Last Lawyer Standing is his latest book featuring criminal defense attorney Kevin Corvelli. Corleone’s first international thriller Good As Gone, introducing former U.S. Marshal Simon Fisk, will be released this week.

Earlier this month I asked the author about what he was reading. Corleone’s reply:
I just finished reading Jeff Abbott’s Downfall, the third book in his series of action thrillers featuring former CIA spy Sam Capra. I’ve been hooked on Jeff Abbott’s Sam Capra since reading the first book in the series, aptly titled Adrenaline, in 2011. Adrenaline was released while I was in the middle of writing my new novel Good As Gone, and Abbott’s book was like a shot in the arm. In my opinion, Adrenaline is the perfect action thriller, and it provided a catalytic reaction in my own writing. In the thirty days following my reading of Adrenaline, I wrote 52,000 words and nearly finished the book I’d been researching and writing for months. Abbott’s second Sam Capra book, The Last Minute, won an International Thriller Writers award, and I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Downfall follows suit.
Visit Douglas Corleone's website.

Writers Read: Douglas Corleone (May 2011).

Writers Read: Douglas Corleone (August 2012).

--Marshal Zeringue