Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kim Boykin

Kim Boykin was born in Augusta, Georgia, but raised in South Carolina in a home with two girly sisters and great parents. Today, she's an empty nester of two kids with a husband, three dogs, and 126 rose bushes. She write stories about strong southern women because that’s what she knows.

Boykin's new novel is The Wisdom of Hair.

Last month I asked the author about what she was reading.  Her reply:
I usually have a couple of books going. Right now, for fun, I’m reading Julie Kibler’s debut Calling Me Home. One of her main characters is a hair stylist like Zora in The Wisdom of Hair; it’s a great read. Oh, and I’m also reading Blank Slate by Tiffany Snow. The book is annoyingly good and is doled out to my Kindle a couple of chapters at a time, and it’s a thriller. I keep saying I’m not buying the next installment, but I do.

Right now I’m writing a love story set in 1954. Never done that before, so for work I’ve been reading a lot of romance. I just finished the new book in Brenda Novak’s Whiskey Creek series, When Summer Comes. I got to know Brenda last year when I bought a bunch of stuff for my book at her auction for diabetes research. I didn’t read her books before that but I really enjoy them.
Visit Kim Boykin's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Wisdom of Hair.

My Book, The Movie: The Wisdom of Hair.

--Marshal Zeringue