Thursday, August 23, 2012

Douglas Corleone

Douglas Corleone is a former New York City defense attorney and winner of the Mystery Writers of America/Minotaur Books First Crime Novel Competition for One Man's Paradise. His second novel, Night on Fire, came out in 2011, and Last Lawyer Standing, his latest book featuring criminal defense attorney Kevin Corvelli, is now out from Minotaur Books.

Recently I asked Corleone what he was reading.  His reply:
Like most of the American reading public, I’m currently enjoying Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. And I’m so glad I am. After weeks of watching 50 Shades crowding the bestseller lists, it’s wonderful and heartening that we have a literary phenomenon that’s worthy of being a literary phenomenon. What’s even greater is that this is a book that can’t be placed in a box – it’s dark, it’s literary, it’s suspenseful, there’s a mystery, and at its heart, it’s an incredible character-driven psychological thriller. I’m just blown away.
Visit Douglas Corleone's website.

The Page 69 Test: One Man's Paradise.

The Page 69 Test: Night on Fire.

My Book, The Movie: Night on Fire.

The Page 69 Test: Last Lawyer Standing.

--Marshal Zeringue