Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Robert Dugoni

Robert Dugoni practiced as a civil litigator in San Francisco and Seattle for seventeen years. In 1999 he left the full-time practice of law to write, and is a two-time winner of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association Literary Contest. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University with a degree in journalism and worked as a reporter for the Los Angeles Times before obtaining his doctorate of jurisprudence from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law.

His new novel is Murder One.

Recently I asked Dugoni what he was reading. His reply:
The Maze Runner – Just finished this book. Liked the premise: a group of boys trapped in a maze trying to figure their way out with creatures that kill on the outside. But the book seemed to get stuck in the middle, the same thing happening and there wasn’t enough reveal to keep me interested. By the time I got to the end I didn’t care anymore if they lived or died and then the ending was really unsatisfying, providing no real explanation what was going on.

True Grit – my father and I used to watch this movie together, the one with John Wayne. A classic. The book is great.

Sparrow – Nancy Pearl, Librarian Emeritus recommended this book to me and if she liked it, it must be good: can’t wait to read it.
Visit Robert Dugoni's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Murder One.

My Book, The Movie: Murder One.

--Marshal Zeringue