Friday, March 4, 2011

Elizabeth Stuckey-French

Elizabeth Stuckey-French is the author of a novel, Mermaids on the Moon, a collection of short stories, The First Paper Girl in Red Oak, Iowa, and, with Janet Burroway, Writing Fiction: A Guide to the Narrative Craft.

Her new novel is The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady.

Last month I asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
I read all kinds of stuff, but at the moment I’m reading, very slowly, War and Peace. I belong to a reading group connected with Books on the Nightstand, a fantastic weekly podcast about books and reading. As a group we’re reading War and Peace and supporting each other with a discussion board, pep talks, helpful related info, etc. I was always intimidated by the idea of reading it, but I’m finding the novel fascinating. The Peace part is all parties and social conventions and loveless marriage and politeness and luxurious homes, and the War part is horrid weather, chaos, randomness, maiming and death and nobody ever knows what the hell is going on. So far I like the War part better.
Visit Elizabeth Stuckey-French's website.

The Page 69 Test: The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady.

--Marshal Zeringue